A Look Back at 2020 Community Foundation Efforts
A Bank Built for Community
2020 was certainly a year of giving and supporting our communities for Golden Valley Bank and our Community Foundation. From COVID-19 relief efforts to the Bear Fire and fundraising for our annual nonprofit recipient, it was a busy year and we are grateful to be able to make a difference.
Along with assisting our local businesses secure Paycheck Protection Loans, our communities as a whole needed support. That's why Golden Valley Bank committed $250,000 to COVID relief efforts through the Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation. To date, the Foundation has supported 16 organizations with over $126,055 donated.
- $26,055 Boys and Girls Clubs of the North Valley
- $10,000 Chico Rotary Club - Rotary Centennial Park Fund
- $25,000 Enloe Foundation’s Compassion Fund
- $5,000 Chico High Veterans Honor Fund
- $5,000 Turtle Bay Exploration Park
- $5,000 Jeremy Stoke Legacy Fire Foundation
- $5,000 The Women's Fund
- $5,000 North State Cancer League
- $5,000 One SAFE Place
- $5,000 Friends of the Schreder Planetarium
- $5,000 Shasta Family YMCA
- $5,000 Good News Rescue Mission
- $5,000 Lassen Park Foundation
- $5,000 Haven Humane Society
- $5,000 Chemical People (Sober Grad Night)
- $5,000 Shasta Living Streets
Bear Fire Relief
When another terrible tragedy hit our Butte County communities, the Foundation stepped up to contribute $25,000 to support Bear Fire/North Complex West Zone Fire relief.
Thanks to a matching grant from the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco (FHLBank San Francisco), we were able to donate a total of $40,000 to Rebuild Paradise Foundation and Oroville Rescue Mission.
- $10,000 + $10,000 match Rebuild Paradise Foundation
- $10,000 + $10,000 match Oroville Rescue Mission
Annual Nonprofit Recipient
Throughout 2020, funds were raised by our Employees after choosing Chico Meals on Wheels as their annual nonprofit recipient. The Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation matched the raised amount by $5,000.
The Golden Valley Bank crew also went out to participate in Chico Make A Difference Day and washed Chico Meals on Wheels fleet of vehicles.
- $10,000 Chico Meals on Wheels
Camp Fire Relief
Since the Camp Fire in 2018, the Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation has disbursed over $10 million back into our communities with the assistance of our 40 local business fundraising partners. In 2020, the Community Foundation donated $334,420 from the Camp Fire General Fund to those still in need.
To date, contributions to Camp Fire Funds have totaled over $13 million.
These funds have also been disbursed through the Camp Fire Collaborative which is a community collaboration comprised of over 50 nonprofits, private and public organizations working to address the unmet needs of Camp Fire survivors.
As part of the Golden Valley Bank Community Foundation's annual giving, $50,000 was given to local organizations that we support on an annual basis. To learn more about the Community Foundation, please visit our website at www.goldenvalley.bank/Community-Foundation.